Oscar Isaac is a 39 years old famous American musician and actor. He has played notable roles in various successful film projects like ‘The Nativity Story’, ‘Balibo’, ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’, ‘Ex Machina’, ‘A Most Violent Year’, etc. He has also appeared in two installments of both ‘Star Wars’ as well as ‘X-Men’ series. Read on further to know more facts about Oscar Isaac and his net worth in 2018!
Oscar Isaac’s Early Life
Óscar Isaac Hernández Estrada was born on the 9th of March, 1979 in Guatemala to pulmonologist Óscar Gonzalo Hernández-Cano and María Eugenia Estrada. His mother was of Guatemalan origin while his father was a Cuban. The couple shifted to the US with a five month old Isaac and he was brought up in Miami, Florida. He attended the Westminster Christian High School and was a troublesome kid, to which he himself admitted. He was expelled for being highly notorious. He always had a knack for theatre and music.
He was well versed with guitar since the age of 12 and had good vocals. Isaac began his career as a professional actor when John Rodaz, the Artistic Director at ‘Area Stage Company’, casted him in a play. Alongside that, he also took part in the performances which took place at the ‘City Theatre Summer Shorts’ short play festival. Apart from an active theatre actor, he was also consistent in the field of music. He performed with ‘The Blinking Underdogs’, a ska-punk band as the lead guitarist and vocalist. In 2001, Isaac was accepted into the acting program offered by the ‘Juilliard School’, a famous school in New York. Due to this, his involvement with professional music came to a halt. It was after joining the school that he started working on his debut film named ‘All About the Benjamins’. Oscar Isaac is now settled in Williamsburg, Brooklyn after marrying Elvira Lind (a Danish film director) in 2017 with whom he has a son named Eugene.
Oscar Isaac’s Career, Awards and Achievements
Oscar made his debut through ‘Illtown’, a 1998 crime drama in which he played the role of a pool boy. He then made an appearance on ‘All About the Benjamins’ (2002) and ‘Law and Order: Criminal Intent’ (2006). The same year he was also praised for his character of ‘Joseph’ in ‘The Nativity Story’. It is termed as his first major role which served as a breakthrough for him in the film industry. In theatre, he played the role of Romeo in ‘Romeo and Juliet’ and appeared as Proteus in ‘Two Gentlemen in Verona’.
He also had roles in films like Balibo (the 2009 movie where he served as a supporting actor), Guerilla (2008), and Robin Hood (the 2010 movie where he played the role of King John). He also was a part of the crime drama ‘Drive’ which came out in 2011. Inside Llweyn Davis, the drama-comedy movie which was released in 2013 and in which he played the role of a talented folk singer with an unsuccessful career, proved to be another major breakthrough for Oscar Isaac. In 2014, ‘A Most Violent Year’ came out in which he acted alongside Jessica Chastain. It was followed up by his role of Nathan Hamlet Bateman in the movie ‘Ex Machina’ which was released in 2015.
The same year he also appeared in a miniseries of HBO (6 episodes long) named ‘Show Me a Hero’. It was received quite positively by the critics and the masses. In 2016, he played the role of Apocalypse, the villain in X-Men, in ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’. Consecutively he also appeared in the leading role of the drama ‘The Promise’, which is based on the historical Armenian genocide. Oscar played the part of Prince Hamlet in the year 2017 in ‘The Public Theatre’ production of the play Hamlet.
Awards and Achievements
He has won numerous awards for his notable performances:
· Best Actor in Supporting Role- AACTA Award (Balibo).
· Gotham Independent Film Award- Best Actor (Inside Llewyn Davis).
· Hamptons International film Festival Award- Breakthrough Performer (Inside Llewyn Davis).
· International Cinephile Society Award- Best Actor and Best Ensemble (Inside Llewyn Davis).
· National Society of Film Critics Award- Best Actor (Inside Llewyn Davis).
· Phoenix Film Critics Society Award- Breakthrough Performance on Camera (Inside Llewyn Davis).
· San Diego Film Critics Society Award- Best Actor (Inside Llewyn Davis).
· Santa Barbara International Film Festival- Virtuoso Award (Inside Llewyn Davis).
· Toronto Film Critics Association Award- Best Actor (Inside Llewyn davis).
· Vancouver Film Critics Circle Award- Best Actor (Inside Llewyn Davis).
· Florida Film Critics Circle Award- Best Supporting Actor (Ex Machina).
· Online Film Critics Society Award- Best Supporting Actor (Ex Machina).
· Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Miniseries or Television Film (Show me a hero).
Net Worth of Oscar Isaac
The net worth of Oscar Isaac is $11.5 million.
Oscar Isaac is both an accomplished actor as well as a good musician. No matter how small a role, he has always devoted his full capacity to make it unique and interesting. He has given the film industry some golden performances.