Blizzard Entertainment is a well-known American game developer company. World of Warcraft, Diablo, Overwatch, and Starcraft are some popular game series produced by the company. Let’s find out how much is Blizzard’s net worth in 2018.
History and wiki
This company was established on February 8, 1991, in Irvine, California. Blizzard is a creation of three talented personalities Michael Morhaime, Frank Pearce, and Allen Adams. The company works for developing and publishing the different type of games. In the early days of the career, the company used to work for others by helping them in their work to create new games. Later they formed an independent company with the purpose of developing games.
The very first software by Blizzard was published in 1993. They introduced the games with the names Rock n’ Roll Racing and The Lost Vikings. In 1994, this company was purchased by distributor Davidson & Associates and during the same year company changed its name Chaos Studios from Silicon & Synapse. Further, they changed the name as a Blizzard Entertainment. Later they also released a popular game series Warcraft: Orcs & Humans.
During 1996, the company acquired Condor Games while they were working on the game named ‘Diablo’ for the Blizzard. Condor was later renamed as a ‘Blizzard north,’ and they developed some superb games including Diablo, Diablo II and its expansion pack Lord of Destruction. Other notable games from Blizzard include Warcraft sequels, the Diablo series, and the StarCraft series. During 2004 Blizzard introduced the game World of Warcraft. The company got notable success through this game series.
In 2008, Blizzard entertainment hosted the program in California and the United States for the promotion of their new game named ‘the BlizzCon.’ Due to the back-to-back release of some superb games Blizzard entertainment gained millions of subscribers in 2010. Their popular game World of Warcraft achieved about 6.8 million subscribers in 2014 and reached the peak of the success. In 2012 Blizzard was having around 4,700 employees and 11 offices in the different region including Austin, Texas and other countries.
Currently, the company is running four franchisees with the name Warcraft, Diablo, StarCraft, and Overwatch. The headquarter of the company is located in Irvine, California and around 5,000 employees working in the company efficiently.
Awards and Achievements
1. During 2008, Blizzard was awarded in the 59th Annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards for the creation of the game World of Warcraft
2. Blizzard’s game ‘ZAM’ was awarded as ‘Best Strategy Game of 2013’ and ‘New Game of the Year’ during 2013.
3. In 2014, a game released by Blizzard with the name ‘Mashable’ achieved a good position in ‘Top 10 Must-Play Games of 2014’ and ‘The Best Mobile Games of 2014’. During the same year, it’s another game ‘Kotaku’ holds the position in ‘The 12 Best Video Games of 2014’. The company also achieved the awards including GT Best of 2014 Awards for the Game Trailers.
4. In 2017, Blizzard holds the Guinness book record for the largest game ‘Diorama.’
5. The game released by the Blizzard entertainment with the name ‘World of Warcraft’ also makes Guinness book record as a ‘Most popular game.’ It was also a ‘Most subscribed game.’
Net worth of Blizzard
The company has the estimated net worth of around $19 billion. The main source of the Companies incomes is a release of the various games and their success in the market. Creation of the various popular games helps Blizzard entertainment to gain good wealth with prominent success.
Blizzard is a famous game developer company working on the motto ‘it’s done when it’s done.’ The focus of the company is to produce quality games for users. Since last few years this company is successfully working in the sector of game development and has achieved great brand name amongst the users. It is sure that with continuous efforts Blizzard will achieve great success rate in coming years.