Schoolboy Q is well-known hip hop recording artist who is famous as a musician due to his best skills and talent. Now let’s have a close look on Schoolboy Q’s net worth in 2018.
Schoolboy Q Early Life
Schoolboy Q is otherwise known with the name Quincy Hanley. He was born on October 1986 in Hesse, Germany. His parents were separated before his birth and later he moved to Texas with his mother. After some days they moved to Los Angeles.
Schoolboy attended John Muir Middle School, and he was fond of football during those days. Later he completed his further education from different colleges including Glendale Community College, Los Angeles Southwest College, Los Angeles City College, and West Los Angeles. He was having the keen interest in music from schooldays and started writing songs when he was only sixteen.
He also was the active member of the gang named ‘’the 52 Hoover Gangster Crips’ and used to sell drugs during college days. Schoolboy is father of a daughter whom he loves the most.
Schoolboy Q Career, Awards & Achievement
Schoolboy started his musical journey in 2006 when he was only Twenty-one years old. He started to work with Top Dawg Entertainment during the same years where he got the chance to collaborate with renowned artists Jay Rock and Ab-Soul. During 2008 his one mixtape ‘Gangsta & Souwas’ released by the Top Dawg Entertainment and Schoolboy officially signed the contract with them.
During 2011, he released his debuted album with the album ‘Setbacks’ on iTunes. The album got the very good response from the audience and about 1000 digital copies of it were sold in first week. During the same year he also performed on the stage at the Key club, West coast. Again in 2012 he released his another album on iTune with the name ’Habits and Contradictions’ which also got huge popularity and it holds the position in the top fifteen on Billboard.
In 2013, he started working with few experienced artist including Snoop Dogg, Miguel and Kendrick Lamar and also released a single with the name ‘Collard Greens’ from his coming album ‘Oxymoron’. In 2014, he appeared in ‘Late Night with Jimmy Fallon’ by the NBC. Two single was released by schoolboy in 2016 with the name ‘Groovy Tony’ and ‘The part’.
Awards and achievements
1. During 2011 his album ‘Setback’ becomes popular and holds the 12th position on the US Rap chart. During the same year his another album ‘Habits & Contradictions’ also reach to the position of 16th on the US Rap chart.
2. In 2013, his album ‘White Walls’ was nominated for the Grammy award as a ‘’Album of the year’
3. During 2014 Schoolboy appeared on the cover page of the famous hip hop magazine ‘The Source’
4. Again in 2014 he was nominated for the Grammy award for the album ‘the Heist’ as a ‘Album of the year’ and during the same year his album ‘Oxymoron’ holds 1st position in the Billboard 200 chart and US Rap chart.
5. In 2016, the ‘album Blank Face LP’ released by Schoolboy hold the 1st position in US Rap chart and appeared 2nd in Billboard 200.
Net worth of Schoolboy Q
This popular guy has a good fortune of around $4.5 million. The main source of earning for him is music. Schoolboy has given few successful albums during his career period and sale of it contributes a lot in his net worth. His yearly salary is estimated around $900,000. He is too young to collect this fortune and considering his true efforts it is sure that he will earn more in the future.
Schoolboy Q is a miracle man in the music world. His superb presentation skills and amazing performance style helps him to be a successful person in the desired field. He is influencing personality in the field of music and definitely a brilliant musician.